Fermin's Digital Portfolio

hello everybody

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Census Project

For this project, each group had to survey the HTHNC population. With the results we had we would then find out the answer to our question and use different sampling methods to find out the best way to solve it. The question my partner and I decided to ask was, How many hours do you spend on Myspace/Facebook a day? the sampling methods we decided to use were Simple Random Sampling and Stratified Sampling. Also, we had to create a frequency histograms and box and whisker plots. We had to find out the mean, median, mode, range, and the standard deviation as well.



what did I learn from this project?

Doing this project, I learned more about statistics and all of it's different methods there are and where to apply each one where it works the best. As well, I learned many new vocabulary in the statistic section has increased.

0 comments:

Post a Comment